When applying for a position with Goulburn Valley Water, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position
Understand the job requirements:
Read the job description and understand all the tasks and responsibilities. The key selection criteria will clearly state the knowledge, skills and personal qualities needed to do the job. If you have any queries relating to the position, contact the person mentioned in the advertisement.
A cover letter is a way of introducing yourself to the selection panel and should include your full name, address, contact details and the title of the position you are applying for It should include a few paragraphs outlining your interest in the positions and the link between your qualifications, experience and skills required for the position.
Your resume should include your personal information, education and work background in a clear and structured way. This will not only make it easier for the interview panel to identify and contact you, but also make it easier for the panel to see how your capabilities, personal qualities and background fit the job.
A current resume should include the following:
- Personal Details including your name, address, contact number and email address
- Education and Qualifications including your school, university or TAFE qualification and any other relevant licences or certificates. List qualifications chronologically (most recent first) including name of qualification, year awarded and institution. You may be asked to provide evidence of these
- Employment History should be listed chronologically (most recent first), include employer’s name, period of employment, position title and your main areas of responsibility, including key achievements
- A minimum of three professional References. You must include their name, position, organisation and daytime telephone number
- Additional Information to support your application such as community involvement and volunteer work.
Submitting your application:
When you click the 'apply now' button within the vacant role details on our website, you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions. You will also be required to attach your resume and cover letter to support your application. Receipts of all applications are confirmed via email. Please ensure you have applied by the closing date as specified in the advertisement as late applications will not be considered.
Eligibility to apply:
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be eligible to apply.
Applicants who have accepted a Victorian Government Voluntary Departure Package (VDP) are not eligible for re-employment in the Victorian public sector (including Water Industry) for a period of three calendar years from the date of separation, in accordance with Public Sector Workplace Relations policy or terms and conditions as outlined in the VDP.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing all people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.