The Trade Waste Customer Charter is issued in accordance with the Essential Services Commission Trade Waste Customer Service Code which provides water businesses with consistent, transparent and timely decision making approaches to trade waste management throughout Victoria. The Trade Waste Customer Charter should be read in conjunction with our Customer Charter.
The purpose of the Trade Waste Customer Charter is to:
- Inform our customers about the trade waste services we deliver and the respective rights and responsibilities of us and of our customers.
- Provide our customers with consistent, transparent and timely decision making for trade waste applications and management.
- Ensure our trade waste services comply with the Essential Services Commission’s requirements.
Any business that discharges trade waste to our sewerage system must comply with our relevant trade waste agreements or consents, as well as the Water (Trade Waste) Regulations 2014.
Approved Acceptance Criteria
The Statement of Approved Acceptance Criteria outlines the limits and requirements of certain trade waste discharge parameters that need to be met before businesses are allowed to discharge to sewer except where an exemption has been granted by us. These include limitations on:
- Oils, fats and grease
- Radioactive Waste
- Organic strength
- Surfactants and detergents
- Corrosive and toxic substances
- Oxidised sulphur
- Inhibitory chemicals
- Pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
For further information regarding the Trade Waste Customer Charter or ESC Services Code, please contact our Business Customer Solutions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.